Remember that teacher who made a difference in your life?
Making a difference in the lives of students and creating positive and lasting change are rewards like no other. You can be that person and the Teacher Academy Program can help you get there.
The Teacher Academy develops and supports high school students through their journey of becoming highly effective educators through the model of “Growing Our Own.” The program offers a cohort model of learning and provides students exposure to careers in education through Linked Learning, an integrated approach of academic and technical courses. The Teacher Academy embeds work-based learning in real-world workplaces, summer internships, and professional and technical skill building opportunities. The Teacher Academy outlines the steps to becoming a successful educator and provides a bridge to employment with Fresno Unified.
Teacher Academy Saturday Program
The Teacher Academy Saturday Program is a teaching career exploration program for current Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors. Students will explore teaching, develop and teach STEM lessons, and participate in national competitions through Educators Rising.
Teacher Academy Summer Program
The Teacher Academy Summer Program is geared for current Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors who want to explore the teaching profession during a paid internship opportunity. Students will engage in professional learning about the teaching practice, work with students in summer school classrooms, and gain classroom experience. Students will also be given opportunities to apply for paraprofessional opportunities upon graduating high school.
- Cohort model of learning
- TABE (Test for Adult Basic Education) Preparation
- Opportunity for Summer Paraprofessional internships
- Prospective employment as a paraprofessional upon high school graduation
- Priority consideration to Fresno Unified’s Pipeline to Teaching Programs
- Must have a desire to work with children
- Eligibility G.P.A. 2.0 or better and on track for graduation
- Current current Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors in high school
- Attendance rate requirement: 90% or above
Prepare. Teach. Lead.
Join the Teacher Academy.
For More Information
Please contact Liliana Spears at Liliana.Spears@fresnounified.org
or Mieka Kos at Mieka.Kos1@fresnounified.org