Step 1: Find an Open Position
Fresno Unified School District is committed to recruiting, retaining and growing a high performing work force.All Job Openings
Step 2: Apply Online
- Teaching Positions: Fresno Unified School District continually reviews applications. If you are interested in a specific position that is advertised, applicants must apply for the specific job posting.
- Non-Teaching/Classified Positions: Fresno Unified School District only accepts applications for open positions.
- Management Positions: Fresno Unified School District only accepts applications for open positions.
- Only one application is required. Make sure to apply for each position which you are interested and qualified.
Step 3: First Interview
Applicants that meet multiple measures will be contacted by Human Resources for first level interview.
Step 4: Second Interview
- Teaching and Management Positions: Top applicants from the first level interview are invited for a second level interview.
- Non-teaching/Classified Positions: Top candidates may be invited for a second level interview or candidate may be selected for open position from first level interview.
- Substitutes: Top applicants are selected after initial interview.
Step 5: Job Offer Extended
Human Resources contacts applicant to extend offer of employment. Offer is contingent upon background screening, TB skin test exam, and Board approval if applicable.
Step 6: Board Approval
Board approval or notification is required for all management positions.
Step 7: Complete New Hire Packet
Following offer of employment and background clearance, applicant meets with a Human Resources representative to review completed New Hire Packet and sign contract (exclude substitutes).
- TB Skin Test
- Employment Eligibility requirements
- Social Security Card
- Credential/License(if applicable)
- Transcripts ( if applicable)
- Any other applicable documents required for the position (HR representative will notify)
Step 8: Attend Orientation
Orientation is scheduled after New Hire Packet is completed and reviewed.
Step 9: Start Job
Congratulations on your employment with FUSD! We look forward to many happy, productive years together, impacting the lives of our students and community.
- Human Resources will inform you of your start date.
- Arrive early – remember professional dress.
- Make sure your FUSD ID badge is visible.
- Don’t forget to smile!!!!!