How To Become A Fresno Unified Substitute Teacher
Have a valid credential or a substitute teaching permit?
See application process below.
Need a substitute permit?
- Are you interested in Substituting for our School District? If so, please refer to the resources on the following Fresno County webpage for New Educators. Specially click on the applicable links in the sections titled, “Substitute Teaching” and “Additional Resources”. These links will walk you through a step by step process on how to obtain a substitute teaching permit
- After obtaining permit, see application process below.
- Complete the Fresno Unified School District Certificated online application
Provide the email addresses of two individuals to complete the electronic letters of support.
Attach the following:
- Credential or Substitute Permit (must show expiration date)
- Apply for the position
- Survey link will be emailed to the provided email on your online application (Please note: Email will be from the Gallup Organization not from Fresno Unified School District)
- Complete job interview successfully
- Fingerprint with Fresno Unified after successful completion of interview ($68.00 Cashier Check or Money Order)
- Attend mandatory professional learning & orientation