Earn Your Teaching Credential While You Teach in the Classroom
Fresno Unified Teacher Internship Program offers educational and professional support to help you progress towards your teaching credential while you teach.
Would you like to work as a contracted teacher while you complete your teaching credential?
The Fresno Unified School District Internship Program provides the opportunity for university students to work as salaried teachers with the District. Interns are highly effective teachers who teach their own class and attend partnering university credential courses. Interns work under an Internship Credential sanctioned by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
Each intern will participate in monthly professional learning workshops provided by Fresno Unified. These workshops will teach initiatives and strategies used in the district. In addition, participants will have the opportunity to receive professional growth units for attending the sessions.
Each participant in the internship program is placed with a highly effective mentor who will offer support and guidance in the classroom. Participants will meet regularly with assigned mentors to discuss effective techniques and strategies to help enrich their teaching skills.
Participants in the internship program will develop a network of collegial support at their assigned site. Participants will contribute to accountable community meetings to co-plan lessons with colleagues and build new relationships. Interns working in Special Education and Multiple Subject will have access to RICA prep classes through the district.
- Qualify with your university
- Pass all CSET exams
- Meet university requirements
- Credential Area must be in one of the following subjects:
- Multiple Subject
- Special Education
- Meet Fresno Unified School District’s multiple measures
Take the next step-up to your teaching career… Become an Intern
- Go to go.fresnou.org/hr
- Complete the Certificated Application.
- Provide two email contacts for letters of support
- Attach your resume and transcripts (unofficial)
- Complete the Teacher Insight Survey: The survey will be emailed upon successful completion of the application.
- Apply for the subject based eligibility pool you’re interested in applying for an internship.
- Successfully complete rigorous interview process.
- Attend orientation and sign a commitment form.
For More Information
Contact Lisa Thompkins: firstname.lastname@example.org